Well, that didn't take long at all. Microsoft is suing Lindows for trademark violation. Lindows, of course, is the Michael Robertson company that is coming out with a modified version of Linux with Wine, to allow users to easily run Windows-based programs. I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I can see why Microsoft is suing, though, I really doubt that Lindows is going to confuse to many people into thinking it's a Microsoft supported project. The only thought here is the conspiracy theory that Microsoft is working on their own Linux distribution and want the name back for themselves - but that's just my delusional brain making stuff up.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Feds Insist It Must Be Kept Secret Whether Or Not Plaintiff In No Fly List Trial Is Actually On The No Fly List
- Documents Show LA Sheriff's Department Hired Thieves, Statutory Rapists And Bad Cops
- Unarmed Man Charged With Assault Because NYC Police Shot At Him And Hit Random Pedestrians
- Judge In No Fly Case Explains To DOJ That It Can't Claim Publicly Released Info Is Secret
- German Court Says CEO Of Open Source Company Liable For 'Illegal' Functions Submitted By Community