Here's an article about how video games are becoming excellent training and simulation tools. Most of the article focuses on Microsoft Flight Simulator, which the Navy is now using to train young pilots. They started doing this after a new Navy pilot, on his first ever flight, scored almost perfect scores, thanks to all the practice he had put in on his own copy of MS Flight Simulator. There are also games that are being used to train ER doctors and police officers. Also, golfers are using Microsoft's Links 2001 to pre-plan strategies before they get onto a specific course.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Companies Developing Crowd Analysis Programs To Detect 'Abnormalities' In Behavior And Match Faces Against Giant Databases
- Facebook Needs To Learn It Can't Teach Tolerance By Acting As An Overzealous Censor
- Microsoft To Encrypt Data Center Links; Says NSA Hacking Would Be Unconstitutional
- EasyDNS Continues To Fight Bogus Website Seizures By City Of London Police After Verisign Issues 'No Decision'
- School Firewalls And Their Blocks On 'Gay/Lesbian Issues'