As predicted, Ed Felten - the professor who didn't present his paper on how to crack SDMI copy protection schemes because he was threatened with a lawsuit - is quickly becoming the poster boy (professor?) for free speech issues. In a talk today he warned that if it happened to him, it could certainly happen to you. Hopefully, someone will finally listen to him. If only the music industry realized how much they were holding their own industry back.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Case Over No-Fly List Takes Bizarre Turn As Gov't Puts Witness On No Fly List, Then Denies Having Done So
- Dallas Police Rule Change Gives Officers 72 Hours To Get Their Stories Straight After Shooting Citizens
- Canadian Government Rolls Out National Cyberbullying Legislation And, No Surprise, It's Problematic
- Lawyer For Cop Charged In Beating Death Of Homeless Man Claims Officer Didn't Use ENOUGH Force
- South Korean Politicians Want Video Games Placed Alongside Drugs And Alcohol In Legislation For Addiction