by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 29th 2013 6:23pm
Well, it took a while before it showed up in the court's electronic system, but it appears that Paul Duffy did, in fact, get a bond, for $101,650, to cover the amount that Prenda has been told to pay. As you may recall, the various lawyers associated with Team Prenda tried to file for a stay (first, erroneously by going straight to the appeals court), which Judge Wright rejected, adding $1,000 per day / per person additional fines to the total amount. While Brett Gibbs pleaded poverty, it appears that Duffy was able to get the bond. For the time being, this means that the amount owed won't keep increasing day by day. Duffy appears to have secured the bond back on the 16th of May, but only filed it with the court on the 23rd, three days after the amount was technically due. Of course, in his filing, he still takes cracks at opposing lawyer Morgan Pietz, suggesting that he and Pietz could not agree on the proper amount for the bond. Update: As some have noted, Duffy's bond covers everyone... except for Brett Gibbs. They really threw him under the bus something fierce.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Prenda (Mostly) Loses Again; Court Says 'We Warned You To Stop Digging, But You Still Did'
- Appeals Court Trashes Prenda's Appeal, Affirms Sanctions
- Bankruptcy Fight May Be The Least Of Team Prenda's Concerns, As The FBI Comes Knocking
- Prenda's Paul Hansmeier Continues To Win Enemies, Influence Legislators With His ADA Trolling, Hiding Of Assets
- After Even His Own Lawyer Admits Prenda's Paul Hansmeier Is A 'Bad Actor,' Bankruptcy Court Liquidates His Assets