by Mike Masnick
Wed, Feb 8th 2012 10:57am
Well, this is rather incredible. With the news that Anonymous hacked the offices of the Syrian President and dumped a ton of emails online... comes the news that the hack was insanely easy. Why? Because, apparently, the password was 12345. No joke. Of course, that's considered one of the worst passwords of all time. And, as pointed out by Lauren Weinstein, this is the exact same password that was immortalized by Dark Helmet (the original one, rather than our local Techdirt hero) as being the stupidest password he's ever heard -- and the "kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- How Hillary Clinton Exposed Her Emails To Foreign Spies... In Order To Hide Them From The American Public
- Breaking: Clinton Gave Staffers Clintonemail.com Addresses Too
- There Is No Way That Hillary Clinton Didn't Know She Was Supposed To Use A Government Email Account
- Yet Another Report Showing 'Anonymous' Data Not At All Anonymous
- State Attorney General Won't Fight Court's Block Of Law Curtailing Sex Offenders' First Amendment Rights