by Mike Masnick
Wed, Feb 8th 2012 10:57am
Well, this is rather incredible. With the news that Anonymous hacked the offices of the Syrian President and dumped a ton of emails online... comes the news that the hack was insanely easy. Why? Because, apparently, the password was 12345. No joke. Of course, that's considered one of the worst passwords of all time. And, as pointed out by Lauren Weinstein, this is the exact same password that was immortalized by Dark Helmet (the original one, rather than our local Techdirt hero) as being the stupidest password he's ever heard -- and the "kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Important California Privacy Bill Signed Into Law: Police Need A Warrant To Look At Your Data
- Matthew Keys Found Guilty Of Criminal 'Hacking' For Sharing News Company Login
- Homeland Security Detains Stockton Mayor, Forces Him To Hand Over His Passwords
- GCHQ's Karma Police: Tracking And Profiling Every Web User, Every Website
- CIA, FBI And Much Of US Military Aren't Doing The Most Basic Things To Encrypt Email