by Mike Masnick
Wed, Feb 8th 2012 10:57am
Well, this is rather incredible. With the news that Anonymous hacked the offices of the Syrian President and dumped a ton of emails online... comes the news that the hack was insanely easy. Why? Because, apparently, the password was 12345. No joke. Of course, that's considered one of the worst passwords of all time. And, as pointed out by Lauren Weinstein, this is the exact same password that was immortalized by Dark Helmet (the original one, rather than our local Techdirt hero) as being the stupidest password he's ever heard -- and the "kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- House Votes Unanimously In Favor Of Requiring A Warrant To Search Emails
- Microsoft Sues Government Over Its ECPA-Enabled Gag Orders
- CNBC Asks Readers To Submit Their Password To Check Its Strength Into Exploitable Widget
- The FBI Claims Failure To Guess Password Will Make Data 'Permanently Inaccessible,' Which Isn't True
- Guy Who Pretends He Invented Email Whines At Every Journalist For Writing Obit Of Guy Who Actually Helped Create Email