by Mike Masnick
Wed, Feb 8th 2012 10:57am
Well, this is rather incredible. With the news that Anonymous hacked the offices of the Syrian President and dumped a ton of emails online... comes the news that the hack was insanely easy. Why? Because, apparently, the password was 12345. No joke. Of course, that's considered one of the worst passwords of all time. And, as pointed out by Lauren Weinstein, this is the exact same password that was immortalized by Dark Helmet (the original one, rather than our local Techdirt hero) as being the stupidest password he's ever heard -- and the "kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Whistleblower Says UK Police Worked With Hackers To Access Activists' Email Accounts
- Third Circuit Appeals Court Says All Writs Orders Can Be Used To Compel Passwords For Decryption
- IBM Shamed Into Giving Away Awful Patent On Email Out-Of-Office Messages
- Just To Be Safe, We're Resetting All Techdirt Passwords In Response To Cloudbleed
- Coalition Slams DHS Plans To Demand Social Media Passwords