by Mike Masnick
Wed, Feb 8th 2012 10:57am
Well, this is rather incredible. With the news that Anonymous hacked the offices of the Syrian President and dumped a ton of emails online... comes the news that the hack was insanely easy. Why? Because, apparently, the password was 12345. No joke. Of course, that's considered one of the worst passwords of all time. And, as pointed out by Lauren Weinstein, this is the exact same password that was immortalized by Dark Helmet (the original one, rather than our local Techdirt hero) as being the stupidest password he's ever heard -- and the "kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Top UK Cop Says Hackers Should Be Punished Not With Prison, But With Jammed WiFi Connections
- Turkey Is Building Domestic Replacements For Gmail and Google
- Every Website Needs To Re-register With The Copyright Office, Who Can't Build A Functioning System
- Another Court Says Personal Email Accounts Still Subject To Public Records Requests
- Actual Creators Of Email Not At All Happy The Fake Creator Of Email Got Paid For His Bogus Claim