by Mike Masnick
Wed, Feb 8th 2012 10:57am
Well, this is rather incredible. With the news that Anonymous hacked the offices of the Syrian President and dumped a ton of emails online... comes the news that the hack was insanely easy. Why? Because, apparently, the password was 12345. No joke. Of course, that's considered one of the worst passwords of all time. And, as pointed out by Lauren Weinstein, this is the exact same password that was immortalized by Dark Helmet (the original one, rather than our local Techdirt hero) as being the stupidest password he's ever heard -- and the "kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Congress Might Actually Be Moving Forward On Fixing Outdated Email Privacy Law!
- Former NYPD Boss Ray Kelly's Emails 'Inadvertently' Wiped Despite Court Order To Preserve Them
- The Anonymous Assault On ISIS Is Hurting More Than It's Helping
- Clinging To Relevance, Yahoo Prevents Ad Block Users From Checking Yahoo Mail
- Documents: The Domestic Email Collection Program The NSA 'Killed' In 2011 Was Actually Just Offshored