by Mike Masnick
Wed, Feb 8th 2012 10:57am
Well, this is rather incredible. With the news that Anonymous hacked the offices of the Syrian President and dumped a ton of emails online... comes the news that the hack was insanely easy. Why? Because, apparently, the password was 12345. No joke. Of course, that's considered one of the worst passwords of all time. And, as pointed out by Lauren Weinstein, this is the exact same password that was immortalized by Dark Helmet (the original one, rather than our local Techdirt hero) as being the stupidest password he's ever heard -- and the "kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- If You're Learning About It From Slate, Running Your Own Email Server Is A Horrendously Bad Idea
- Canadian Law Enforcement Want Government To Force People To Turn Over Their Passwords
- Volkswagen Created A 'Backdoor' To Basically All Its Cars... And Now Hackers Can Open All Of Them
- Will DNC Email Hacking Make Legislators More Friendly To Encryption?
- Stupid Patent of the Month: Solocron Education Trolls With Password Patent