by Mike Masnick
Wed, Feb 8th 2012 10:57am
Well, this is rather incredible. With the news that Anonymous hacked the offices of the Syrian President and dumped a ton of emails online... comes the news that the hack was insanely easy. Why? Because, apparently, the password was 12345. No joke. Of course, that's considered one of the worst passwords of all time. And, as pointed out by Lauren Weinstein, this is the exact same password that was immortalized by Dark Helmet (the original one, rather than our local Techdirt hero) as being the stupidest password he's ever heard -- and the "kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 92: Passwords Suck; What's Next?
- NYPD Says Releasing Basic Stingray Contract Info Will Result In A Supercriminal Apocalypse
- Another Bad EU Ruling: WiFi Providers Can Be Forced To Require Passwords If Copyright Holders Demand It
- FBI Arrests Two Suspects Involved With Hacking Of CIA Director's Personal Email Account
- Colin Powell's Email To Clinton About Personal Devices Shows Routing Around FOIA Is Business As Usual