by Mike Masnick
Mon, Dec 12th 2011 3:22am
Well, well. Apparently dealing with the fallout from the News of the World reporters hacking into phones in the UK isn't keeping Rupert Murdoch busy enough. He showed up in DC last week to make a personal plea to Congress to support SOPA and PIPA and censor the internet. It's been clear for quite some time that Rupert Murdoch doesn't get the internet. His history is littered with massive and expensive internet failures. So it's no surprise that he's lobbying hard for a law like SOPA and PIPA, which will restrict up and coming online competitors and help clear out some of the field so that maybe he and his son James can finally get their wish to turn the internet into something that looks a lot more like TV: with the big media conglomerates delivering the content, and everyone else just consuming (and paying for) it.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- US Court Rules That Kim Dotcom Is A 'Fugitive' And Thus DOJ Can Take His Money
- Paypal Cuts Off Mega Because It Actually Keeps Your Files Secret
- Have You Been Debating What Color Some Random Dress Is All Day? Thank Fair Use
- Rupert Murdoch's News Corp: Still Failing To Understand The Internet After 20 Years Of Flops
- News Corp. Sends Angry Lawyers In When Other Publications Use Leaked Documents To Report On Its Failing Businesses