by Mike Masnick
Tue, Aug 23rd 2011 1:20am
TheNextWeb has an amusing story about a new art exhibit, called 5 Million Dollars, 1 Terabyte which is, of course, merely a hard drive with some unauthorized downloads on it. There's apparently a pdf file that lists out what's on the hard drive, but as with the author of the article, I was unable to get it to open. Of course, given how the industry seems to value "infringement" these days, I would imagine it doesn't need that many files to reach $5 million.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Celebrate Fair Use Week With A New T-Shirt From Techdirt
- Former RIAA Executive Attacks Fair Use
- European News Publishers Still Believe They Have The Right To Make Google Pay For Sending Traffic Their Way
- Cogent Accidentally Blocks Websites In Global Ham-Fisted Piracy Filtering Effort
- New Zealand Court Says Kim Dotcom Still Eligible For Extradition... But Not Over Copyright