by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jul 6th 2011 12:40pm
As the march to pass PROTECT IP has continued, Senator Patrick Leahy has been able to bring on board some additional Senators as "sponsors" of the bill. However, at least one may be having second thoughts. SD points us to the news that Senator Jerry Moran of Kansas came on as a sponsor on June 23rd... but then withdrew his sponsorship four days later on the 27th. I have no idea if this was an error or if Senator Moran realized that this bill had serious problems. I have a request in to the Senator's office for more info and will update this post once we know more.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Revolving Door: Main Architect Of PIPA (Senate Version Of SOPA) Now... Lobbying For The MPAA
- Third Time's A Charm? Startup Act 3.0 Introduced... This Time With An Infographic
- Senator Moran Chats With Techdirt About SOPA, Innovation And The Importance Of An Open Internet
- Congress Actually Helping The Internet, Rather Than Mucking It Up?
- Who's Still Backing SOPA/PIPA... And Why?