by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 14th 2011 4:31pm
This one's a bit scary. Security and cybercrime researcher Dancho Danchev, who has blogged about organized crime and online terrorist activities, has apparently been missing since September. ZDNet, where he sometimes blogged, has published a notice asking for help tracking him down, and publishing an email he sent shortly before he disappeared. That email included photos of a device he found planted in his bathroom, that he believed was from Bulgarian intelligence services. ZDnet has been trying to reach him for months -- and recently received information from a source in Bulgaria that Danchev is alive "but he's in a lot of trouble."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- James Comey Still Trying To Blame Increase In Violent Crime On 'Viral Videos'
- House Of Representatives Tech Team Blocks All Google Appspot Apps Because Of A Single Trojan
- Security Analyst Arrested For Disclosing Security Flaw In Florida County's Election Systems
- Michigan Politicians Want People Who Hack Cars To Spend The Rest Of Their Lives In Prison
- Samsung SmartThings Platform Latest To Highlight Internet Of Things Security Is A Joke