by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 14th 2011 4:31pm
This one's a bit scary. Security and cybercrime researcher Dancho Danchev, who has blogged about organized crime and online terrorist activities, has apparently been missing since September. ZDNet, where he sometimes blogged, has published a notice asking for help tracking him down, and publishing an email he sent shortly before he disappeared. That email included photos of a device he found planted in his bathroom, that he believed was from Bulgarian intelligence services. ZDnet has been trying to reach him for months -- and recently received information from a source in Bulgaria that Danchev is alive "but he's in a lot of trouble."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Napolitano Says She's Always Wanted To Talk About The Secret Surveillance She Hasn't Talked About Since Last August
- Nest Thermostat Goes From 'Internet Of Things' Darling To Cautionary Tale
- Ding-Dong -- Your Easily Hacked 'Smart' Doorbell Just Gave Up Your WiFi Credentials
- Copyright Blocking Security Research: Researchers Barred From Exploring Leaked Archive
- Latest Email Dump Shows Hillary Clinton Telling Aide To Send Classified Documents Over Unsecure Fax Line