by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 14th 2011 4:31pm
This one's a bit scary. Security and cybercrime researcher Dancho Danchev, who has blogged about organized crime and online terrorist activities, has apparently been missing since September. ZDNet, where he sometimes blogged, has published a notice asking for help tracking him down, and publishing an email he sent shortly before he disappeared. That email included photos of a device he found planted in his bathroom, that he believed was from Bulgarian intelligence services. ZDnet has been trying to reach him for months -- and recently received information from a source in Bulgaria that Danchev is alive "but he's in a lot of trouble."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Another Lawsuit Highlights How Many 'Smart' Toys Violate Privacy, Aren't Secure
- Israeli Government Pushes National Biometric Database With Claims Of Security Superiority Nobody Thinks Are True
- Homeland Security Issues 'Strategic Principles' For Securing The Internet Of Broken Things
- Hospitals Now Seeing 20 Ransomware Attacks Per Day On IT Infrastructure
- Chinese Government Implements Cybersecurity Law Designed To Spy On Citizens, Quell Dissent