by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 14th 2011 4:31pm
This one's a bit scary. Security and cybercrime researcher Dancho Danchev, who has blogged about organized crime and online terrorist activities, has apparently been missing since September. ZDNet, where he sometimes blogged, has published a notice asking for help tracking him down, and publishing an email he sent shortly before he disappeared. That email included photos of a device he found planted in his bathroom, that he believed was from Bulgarian intelligence services. ZDnet has been trying to reach him for months -- and recently received information from a source in Bulgaria that Danchev is alive "but he's in a lot of trouble."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- A Month Ago, Dianne Feinstein Said Cybersecurity Was Super Important... Now She Says We Should Undermine Encryption
- The Nation's Criminals Can't Keep Up With The Government's Legalized Theft Programs
- Telegraph Publishes The Dumbest Article On Encryption You'll Ever Read... Written By David Cameron's Former Speechwriter
- Chipotle Exposes Private Data By Sending HR E-mails Via Unowned Domain, Doesn't See The Problem
- Hillary Clinton Joins The 'Make Silicon Valley Break Encryption' Bandwagon