by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 14th 2011 4:31pm
This one's a bit scary. Security and cybercrime researcher Dancho Danchev, who has blogged about organized crime and online terrorist activities, has apparently been missing since September. ZDNet, where he sometimes blogged, has published a notice asking for help tracking him down, and publishing an email he sent shortly before he disappeared. That email included photos of a device he found planted in his bathroom, that he believed was from Bulgarian intelligence services. ZDnet has been trying to reach him for months -- and recently received information from a source in Bulgaria that Danchev is alive "but he's in a lot of trouble."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Tempting Fate: Pittsburgh Election Officials Insist Their E-Voting Machines Can't Be Hacked
- Your 'Smart' Power Outlets Are Now Botnets Thanks To The Internet Of Broken Things
- India Criminalizes Merely Visiting A Copyright Infringing 'Blocked' Site
- Democratic National Committee Creates A 'Cybersecurity Board' Without A Single Cybersecurity Expert
- Facebook's ContentID Clone Had A Vulnerability That Opened Up Ability For Users To Game Others' Videos