by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 14th 2011 4:31pm
This one's a bit scary. Security and cybercrime researcher Dancho Danchev, who has blogged about organized crime and online terrorist activities, has apparently been missing since September. ZDNet, where he sometimes blogged, has published a notice asking for help tracking him down, and publishing an email he sent shortly before he disappeared. That email included photos of a device he found planted in his bathroom, that he believed was from Bulgarian intelligence services. ZDnet has been trying to reach him for months -- and recently received information from a source in Bulgaria that Danchev is alive "but he's in a lot of trouble."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Appeals Court Affirms NSA Surveillance Can Be Used To Investigate Domestic Criminal Suspects
- Akamai: 12-Year-Old SSH Vulnerability Fueling Internet-Of-Broken-Things DDoS Attacks, And Worse
- NBC Happily Parrots The CIA's Case For Escalating Cyber War With Russia
- Verizon Wants $1 Billion Discount After Yahoo Scandals, Still Fancies Itself The New Google
- Obama Promises 'Proportional' Response To Russian Hacking, Ignores That We Started The Fight