by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 14th 2011 4:31pm
This one's a bit scary. Security and cybercrime researcher Dancho Danchev, who has blogged about organized crime and online terrorist activities, has apparently been missing since September. ZDNet, where he sometimes blogged, has published a notice asking for help tracking him down, and publishing an email he sent shortly before he disappeared. That email included photos of a device he found planted in his bathroom, that he believed was from Bulgarian intelligence services. ZDnet has been trying to reach him for months -- and recently received information from a source in Bulgaria that Danchev is alive "but he's in a lot of trouble."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- German Regulators Urge Parents To Destroy WiFi Connected Doll Over Surveillance Fears
- Yahoo's Security Incompetence Just Took $250 Million Off Verizon's Asking Price
- Ohio Arsonist Gets Busted By His Own Pacemaker
- The Codification Of Web DRM As A Censorship Tool
- Trump Orders The Cyber To Be Fixed In The Next Sixty Days