by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 14th 2011 4:31pm
This one's a bit scary. Security and cybercrime researcher Dancho Danchev, who has blogged about organized crime and online terrorist activities, has apparently been missing since September. ZDNet, where he sometimes blogged, has published a notice asking for help tracking him down, and publishing an email he sent shortly before he disappeared. That email included photos of a device he found planted in his bathroom, that he believed was from Bulgarian intelligence services. ZDnet has been trying to reach him for months -- and recently received information from a source in Bulgaria that Danchev is alive "but he's in a lot of trouble."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Reminder: When Ron Wyden Says There's A Secret Interpretation Of A Law, Everyone Should Pay Attention
- Topsite Operator, Who Admitted To Operating Servers With Tons Of Pirated Movies, Gets Off With Just Probation
- Newsflash: Car Network Security Is Still A Horrible, Very Dangerous Joke
- Verizon Support Wants You To Know That Twitter Is A Perfectly Secure Way To Send Them Your Social Security Number
- Shocking: Software Used To Monitor UK Students Against Radicalization Found To Be Exploitable