by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 14th 2011 4:31pm
This one's a bit scary. Security and cybercrime researcher Dancho Danchev, who has blogged about organized crime and online terrorist activities, has apparently been missing since September. ZDNet, where he sometimes blogged, has published a notice asking for help tracking him down, and publishing an email he sent shortly before he disappeared. That email included photos of a device he found planted in his bathroom, that he believed was from Bulgarian intelligence services. ZDnet has been trying to reach him for months -- and recently received information from a source in Bulgaria that Danchev is alive "but he's in a lot of trouble."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Smart Vibrator Company To Pay $3.75 Million For Private Data Collection
- Consumer Reports Proposes Open Source Security Standard To Keep The Internet Of Things From Sucking
- CIA Leaks Unsurprisingly Show The Internet Of Broken Things Is A Spy's Best Friend
- 'Smart' Stuffed Animal Company Leaves Voice, Other Data Of Millions Publicly Exposed
- German Regulators Urge Parents To Destroy WiFi Connected Doll Over Surveillance Fears