by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 14th 2011 4:31pm
This one's a bit scary. Security and cybercrime researcher Dancho Danchev, who has blogged about organized crime and online terrorist activities, has apparently been missing since September. ZDNet, where he sometimes blogged, has published a notice asking for help tracking him down, and publishing an email he sent shortly before he disappeared. That email included photos of a device he found planted in his bathroom, that he believed was from Bulgarian intelligence services. ZDnet has been trying to reach him for months -- and recently received information from a source in Bulgaria that Danchev is alive "but he's in a lot of trouble."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- FTC Sues D-Link For Pretending To Give A Damn About Hardware Security
- Rudy Giuliani To Head Up Trump's Cybersecurity Team As The Internet Laughs At Giuliani's Security Bona Fides
- After Lawsuits And Denial, Pacemaker Vendor Finally Admits Its Product Is Hackable
- Bulgarian Public Radio Forbidden To Play 14 Million Pieces Of Music By Copyright Collection Society
- Potential New FCC Boss Blames Obama For The Washington Post's Botched Russian Utility Hacking Story