by Mike Masnick
Thu, Dec 9th 2010 8:12am
visual77 alerts us to the news of a guy arrested in Baltimore for a bomb plot. As you dig into the details, though, it looks quite similar to the case in Portland, where it appears that the entire "plot" was created with the help of the FBI. The guy was arrested for trying to blow up a military recruitment center -- with a fake bomb that was provided by the FBI. Obviously, it's not good to have people who are willing to blow stuff up, but with so many of these stories, you have to wonder if the FBI wouldn't be better off focusing on those who not only want to harm Americans, but who actually have the ability to do so. As it stands, it looks like the FBI is fabricating "plots" to thwart, rather than dealing with real threats.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- FBI Director: We Need More Data On Police Shootings So Law Enforcement Can 'Change The Narrative'
- FBI, CBP Join Forces To Turn Airports Into Informant Recruiting Centers
- Appeals Court Affirms NSA Surveillance Can Be Used To Investigate Domestic Criminal Suspects
- FBI Facial Recognition Expert Helps Denver PD Arrest Wrong Man Twice For The Same Crime
- FBI Lifts Gag Order On NSL Issued To Google... Which Doesn't Have Much To Say About It