by Mike Masnick
Mon, Oct 25th 2010 3:04pm
Sony's iconic Walkman cassette playing device was released in 1979, and really revolutionized the idea of personal, portable music (about the same time that it was supposedly killing music). Of course, these days, Apple and its iPod replaced the Walkman as the portable music player of choice, but apparently Sony kept on making cassette Walkmen... until now. It's finally ending production of the cassette Walkmen. As some have noted, the announcement of the end of Walkman came just a day before the anniversary of the introduction of the iPod.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Chris Dodd Implies US Gov't Should Go After Wikileaks For Publishing Leaked Sony Emails
- As Sony Continues Threatening Reporters, NY Times Reporter Wins Pulitzer For Reporting On Sony's Emails
- Sony Execs Freaked Out That Its Marketing People Wanted To Use Torrents For Marketing
- Our Response To Sony Sending Us A Threat Letter For Reporting On The Company's Leaked Emails
- MPAA Pirated Clips From Google Commercials To Make Its Own MPAA Propaganda Videos