by Mike Masnick
Tue, Sep 14th 2010 6:14am
Chirag Mehta points us to the news that apparently some hackers have figured out the HDCP "master key," which effectively renders the DRM found in various HD formats useless. By this point, it should come as no surprise that such things get cracked. Is there any DRM that has actually ever been able to not get cracked at some point? It does make you wonder why the entertainment industry wastes so much money and effort on making such useless DRM products. For an industry that complains so much about how they're losing money all of the time, perhaps one way to save a little money is to stop spending it on useless, unworkable DRM.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Denuvo Spins Doom Dropping Its DRM Into A Victory Dance
- Like Flies: Doom The Latest Game To Remove Denuvo Via Patch
- Game Developer Updates Game To Remove Denuvo DRM As Fans Cheer
- Bug Related To HDCP DRM Is Giving New Playstation PS4 Pro Owners Headaches
- Shadow Warrior 2 Developers: We'd Rather Spend Our Time Making A Great Game Than Worrying About Piracy