by Mike Masnick
Mon, Aug 23rd 2010 1:48pm
AdamR writes in to let us know that owners of Samsung Blu-ray players have been discovering that the latest firmware update means that movies from Warner Bros. and Universal don't play. Instead, they just lock up thanks to the DRM built into Blu-ray. Isn't that great? Pissing off legitimate customers is always a way to win people over. Of course, you have to wonder if Warner Bros. and Universal are upset with Samsung, but really they should only be upset with themselves for supporting a DRM technique that could block legitimate customers from watching their movies.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Denuvo Spins Doom Dropping Its DRM Into A Victory Dance
- Like Flies: Doom The Latest Game To Remove Denuvo Via Patch
- Samsung Issues Update To Brick Remaining, Spontaneously Combusting Galaxy Note 7 Phones, Verizon Refuses To Pass It On
- Supreme Court Adds Yet Another Smackdown To Patent Court, Says It Misinterpreted Patent Law In Apple/Samsung Case
- Game Developer Updates Game To Remove Denuvo DRM As Fans Cheer