by Mike Masnick
Mon, Aug 23rd 2010 1:48pm
AdamR writes in to let us know that owners of Samsung Blu-ray players have been discovering that the latest firmware update means that movies from Warner Bros. and Universal don't play. Instead, they just lock up thanks to the DRM built into Blu-ray. Isn't that great? Pissing off legitimate customers is always a way to win people over. Of course, you have to wonder if Warner Bros. and Universal are upset with Samsung, but really they should only be upset with themselves for supporting a DRM technique that could block legitimate customers from watching their movies.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Xbox Fitness Users Shelled Out Big Bucks For Workout Programs They'll Soon Be Totally Unable To Use
- Oculus Reverses DRM Course After Public Backlash
- Oculus Is Hurting VR's Development By Supporting Walled Gardens, Closed Ecosystems
- Samsung SmartThings Platform Latest To Highlight Internet Of Things Security Is A Joke
- Appeals Court Dumps Apple's Slide To Unlock Patent, Tosses Massive Jury Award Against Samsung In The Trash