by Mike Masnick
Tue, May 18th 2010 11:36am
Many people who don't follow these issues closely have long assumed that The Pirate Party and The Pirate Bay were somehow connected. That's never been true, even if the people involved in each were philosophically aligned on certain issues (but not on all issues...). Either way, it's a bit of a surprise to find out that, following the injunction against The Pirate Bay's bandwidth provider, that The Pirate Party has agreed to become the new host for The Pirate Bay. It's unclear exactly what this means, as The Pirate Party must be getting its bandwidth from another provider, who, one would imagine, is also soon to be a target for an injunction. Still, it seems like the Pirate Party is basically begging for a lawsuit to challenge these types of fourth party injunctions...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The FBI's Megaupload Domains Are Now Hosting Porn Ads
- Newt Gingrich: Merely Visiting An ISIS Or Al Qaeda Website Should Be A Felony
- Sweden Considers Making DNA Donated Purely For Medical Research Available To Police And Insurance Companies
- RIAA Demands Takedown Of ThePirateBay.org, But EasyDNS Refuses Over Lack Of Due Process
- Topsite Operator, Who Admitted To Operating Servers With Tons Of Pirated Movies, Gets Off With Just Probation