by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 21st 2010 4:10pm
While there have been more and more calls for transparency on ACTA negotiations, it seems that even government officials are being stymied. Some UK Parliament Members have asked for the details and are being told they cannot see the document because mysterious, nameless "others" require it to be kept secret. Of course, if you're an industry lobbyist, it's not hard to see the document. But, if your job is to represent the people? Get in line. You'll see it once it's been signed, sealed and delivered.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Whistleblower Says UK Police Worked With Hackers To Access Activists' Email Accounts
- JEFTA: The Latest Massive 'Trade' Deal You've Never Heard Of, Negotiated Behind Closed Doors, With Zero Public Scrutiny
- Homeland Security Starts Banning Laptops & Tablets On Planes From The Middle East
- UK Court Grants First Live Blocking Order To Stop New Infringing Streams As Soon As They Start
- Extra Digit Accidentally Typed By Officer Turns UK Man Into A Pedophile