by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 21st 2010 4:10pm
While there have been more and more calls for transparency on ACTA negotiations, it seems that even government officials are being stymied. Some UK Parliament Members have asked for the details and are being told they cannot see the document because mysterious, nameless "others" require it to be kept secret. Of course, if you're an industry lobbyist, it's not hard to see the document. But, if your job is to represent the people? Get in line. You'll see it once it's been signed, sealed and delivered.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- UK Government Refuses To Reveal Job Title Or Salary Of Top Law Enforcement Officer Because Terrorism
- UK Government Can Now Hand Out Two-Year Sentences For Revenge Porn, Online Trolling
- Baltimore Cops Asked Creators Of 'The Wire' To Keep Cellphone Surveillance Vulnerabilities A Secret
- Baltimore PD Has Deployed Stingray Devices Over 4,300 Times, Instructed By FBI To Withhold Info From Courts
- New Documents Show FBI Instructing Law Enforcement To Throw Out Cases Rather Than Give Up Info On Stingray Use