by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 21st 2010 4:10pm
While there have been more and more calls for transparency on ACTA negotiations, it seems that even government officials are being stymied. Some UK Parliament Members have asked for the details and are being told they cannot see the document because mysterious, nameless "others" require it to be kept secret. Of course, if you're an industry lobbyist, it's not hard to see the document. But, if your job is to represent the people? Get in line. You'll see it once it's been signed, sealed and delivered.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Top UK Cop Says Hackers Should Be Punished Not With Prison, But With Jammed WiFi Connections
- UK Cops Punish Suspected Hacker By Having Him Work With The Organization He Hacked To Patch Up Security Holes
- Ex-MI6 Boss: When It Comes To Voting, Pencil And Paper Are 'Much More Secure' Than Electronic Systems
- Whether Or Not You Believe Russia Interfered In The Election, We Should All Be Worried About Escalation Based On Secret Info
- UK Councils Used Massive Surveillance Powers To Spy On... Excessively Barking Dogs & Illegal Pigeon Feeding