by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 21st 2010 4:10pm
While there have been more and more calls for transparency on ACTA negotiations, it seems that even government officials are being stymied. Some UK Parliament Members have asked for the details and are being told they cannot see the document because mysterious, nameless "others" require it to be kept secret. Of course, if you're an industry lobbyist, it's not hard to see the document. But, if your job is to represent the people? Get in line. You'll see it once it's been signed, sealed and delivered.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- David Cameron Promises To Do Away With 'Safe Spaces' On The Internet
- Amnesty International Told That GCHQ Spied On Its Communications
- UK Officials Hoping To Change Freedom Of Information Law To Include Less Of Both
- UK Politician Theresa May Tries To Out-Orwell Orwell With Insanely Authoritarian Speech
- European Taxi Drivers Lose Their Collective Mind Over Uber