by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 21st 2010 4:10pm
While there have been more and more calls for transparency on ACTA negotiations, it seems that even government officials are being stymied. Some UK Parliament Members have asked for the details and are being told they cannot see the document because mysterious, nameless "others" require it to be kept secret. Of course, if you're an industry lobbyist, it's not hard to see the document. But, if your job is to represent the people? Get in line. You'll see it once it's been signed, sealed and delivered.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- EFF, ACLU And Public Records Laws Team Up To Expose Hidden Stingray Use By The Milwaukee Police Department
- UK Drug Dogs Finding Way More Sausage And Cheese Than Actual Drugs
- UK Trademark Battle Over The Number 3
- Menace To Tax Dodgers David Cameron Has His Own Tax Dodging Exposed By The Panama Leaks
- Obama: The Word 'Classified' Means Whatever We Need It To Mean