by Mike Masnick
Fri, Dec 11th 2009 1:31pm
There has been a ton of publicity about the young woman who was jailed and facing felony charges, because she caught snippets of the film New Moon while filming parts of her sister's birthday party. The outrage over this has been loud and widespread -- causing backlash against the movie theater and the movie studio that put out the movie. Even the director of the movie was complaining about the arrest and prosecution. Realizing that this was a bad situation all around, it looks like prosecutors have come to their senses and dropped the charges against the young woman, though we still have the same ridiculous law in place that made this situation possible. Shouldn't we also be looking to change that right about now?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Movie Studios Considering Tightening Release Windows When They Should Be Eliminating Them
- eBook Pirates Tend To Be Older And Well Off, Which Means They Pirate Because Of Human Intuition On Economics
- Film Distributor Creates Torrent Site Clone That Gives Away Movie Tickets To Combat Piracy
- Aussie Film Distributor That Pledged To End Movie Release Delays To Combat Piracy Delays Movies Anyway
- Ed Sheeran: Piracy Is What Made Me