by Mike Masnick
Wed, Nov 4th 2009 8:25pm
When the election results first came in for the EU Parliament back in June, it initially looked like the Swedish Pirate Party would get two seats, though it was later downgraded to just one. However, it looks like they're back up to two due to a recent treaty agreement. This means that Amelia Andersdotter will be joining Christian Engstrom in the EU Parliament, representing the Pirate Party and the rights of consumers. I've seen Amelia speak in the past, and, like Christian, I think she does an excellent job explaining the position of the Pirate Party and the civil rights issues it represents.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Canada-EU Trade Deal Ratified By European Union; Now Needs Approval By All Member States' National Parliaments
- EU MEPs Call Again For 'Robot Rules' To Get Ahead Of The AI Revolution
- Iceland Forms A New Government... Without The Pirate Party
- Pirates Trying To Form New Icelandic Government
- Swedish Court: News Site Embedding A YouTube Video Guilty Of Copyright Infringement