by Mike Masnick
Wed, Oct 28th 2009 3:44pm
We're always interested in cool "reasons to buy" that different content creators are coming up with, so thanks to TW for alerting us to AC/DC's latest effort, involving a special box set that is packaged inside a working guitar amp. The box set is $200, but beyond just the music (rarities, memorabilia, etc.) the casing itself is a 1-watt guitar amp, one foot wide by one foot high and four inches deep:
One of the fun things we've noticed in talking to various content creators about ways to better structure their own tiered "reasons to buy" is that it really helps to come up with some ideas that fit the content creator directly, and how they currently interact with fans. That is, you can't just copy what everyone else has done, but need to find that special unique thing that matches the content creator. This seems like a perfect example.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- New Study Essentially Suggests That Publishers Should Do CwF + RtB Instead Of Going Legal To Combat Piracy
- Taylor Swift's View Of The Future Of Music Is Actually Not That Far Off
- Connecting With Fans In Unique Ways: Band Sets Up Treasure Hunt To Find Fan-Submitted Sounds In New Album
- AC/DC And Kid Rock Finally Realize That Selling Tracks Online Is Probably A Good Idea
- People Are Willing To Pay, Even If You Offer Something For Free