by Mike Masnick
Wed, Sep 23rd 2009 4:40am
Slashdot points us to the news that the police chief in Austin Texas is so upset about anonymous commenters, or commenters pretending to be police officers, on various internet websites that he's going to start going after them. His complaint? Those comments "erode public trust in the [police] department." Funny, I would think that wasting public resources going after a bunch of random internet commenters rather than focusing on actual crime prevention and solving would do a lot more to erode the public trust in the police department.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Florida Legislators Introduce Bill That Would Strip Certain Site Owners Of Their Anonymity
- Police Department Refuses To Release Use Of Force Policies Because 'Criminals Might Gain An Advantage'
- 369 Bloggers Have Registered Under Russia's New Blogger's Law
- Videos From Wearable Cameras Contain Natural Biometric Markers That Can Eliminate Anonymity
- Ontario Police Inspector Says He Wants A 'Driver's License For The Internet'