by Mike Masnick
Wed, Sep 23rd 2009 4:40am
Slashdot points us to the news that the police chief in Austin Texas is so upset about anonymous commenters, or commenters pretending to be police officers, on various internet websites that he's going to start going after them. His complaint? Those comments "erode public trust in the [police] department." Funny, I would think that wasting public resources going after a bunch of random internet commenters rather than focusing on actual crime prevention and solving would do a lot more to erode the public trust in the police department.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Texas Governor Latest To Ask For A 'Hate Crime' Law That Covers Attacks On Cops
- Court Says There's No Remedy For Person Whose Vehicle Was Subjected To Civil Forfeiture After An Illegal Search
- Texas Judge Indicted For Making Secret 10-Year Deal With Red Light Camera Company
- As Austin Struggles To Understand Life Without Uber & Lyft, DUI Arrests On The Rise
- Texas Trademark Spat Full Of Crap?