by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 18th 2009 6:34pm
Mark Glaser, from PBS's MediaShift invited me and NY Times columnist David Carr to have a back-and-forth debate over email, concerning business models for newspapers -- specifically questioning whether micropayments or a paywall of some kind makes sense. Carr supports some sort of "user pays" model for content, whereas I tend to think the idea would backfire badly. PBS has published the two part debate here:
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Border Patrol Stops Journalist From Heading To Dakota Pipeline Protests, Searches All Of His Electronic Devices
- Media Critic Calls On Journalists To Be Obedient Stenographers
- Companies Keep Asking Us To Track You; We'd Rather You Be Protected From Tracking
- Will Cutting Off Ads From Google & Facebook Really Stop Fake News?
- Let Them Eat Facts: Why Fact Checking Is Mostly Useless In Convincing Voters