by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 18th 2009 6:34pm
Mark Glaser, from PBS's MediaShift invited me and NY Times columnist David Carr to have a back-and-forth debate over email, concerning business models for newspapers -- specifically questioning whether micropayments or a paywall of some kind makes sense. Carr supports some sort of "user pays" model for content, whereas I tend to think the idea would backfire badly. PBS has published the two part debate here:
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Finding And Responding To The Media's Favorite Ridiculous And Misleading Free Speech Tropes
- New York District Court Denies Immunity To NYPD Officers Who Arrested A Citizen For Filming Them
- Ex-CIA Officials To New York Times: Don't Try To Hold The CIA Accountable. The CIA Will Hold The CIA Accountable.
- Government Tells Jeffrey Sterling He's No General Petraeus; Defends 20-Year Sentence Recommendation
- To The NSA, A Reporter Covering Al Qaeda Looks Identical To An Al Qaeda Member