by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 18th 2009 6:34pm
Mark Glaser, from PBS's MediaShift invited me and NY Times columnist David Carr to have a back-and-forth debate over email, concerning business models for newspapers -- specifically questioning whether micropayments or a paywall of some kind makes sense. Carr supports some sort of "user pays" model for content, whereas I tend to think the idea would backfire badly. PBS has published the two part debate here:
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Journalists Blaming Facebook For Decline Is Just As Tiresome As When They Blamed Craigslist & Google
- Will The Washington Post Give Back Its Pulitzer And Stand Trial With Snowden?
- MuckRock & Vice Announce Fellowship To Investigate Peter Thiel
- Deadspin Mocks New Owner Univision By Cleverly Reposting Deleted Mitch Williams Story As New Story About The Lawsuit
- Another Day, Another Problem With Facebook's Random Decisions To Block Content