by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 18th 2009 6:34pm
Mark Glaser, from PBS's MediaShift invited me and NY Times columnist David Carr to have a back-and-forth debate over email, concerning business models for newspapers -- specifically questioning whether micropayments or a paywall of some kind makes sense. Carr supports some sort of "user pays" model for content, whereas I tend to think the idea would backfire badly. PBS has published the two part debate here:
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Fair Use At Risk When Private Companies Get To Make The Decision For Us
- ESPN & NFL Network Still Pretending Twitter Doesn't Exist During NFL Draft
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 22: Are Smaller Online Media Players Doomed In The Age Of Buzzfeed?
- NHL Bans Use Of Periscope Streaming By Media During Warmups And Intermissions
- Clueless Publicist Doubles Down On Claiming Fair Use Has 'Expired' On Walter Scott Video; Brags About Profiting From Police Killing