by Mike Masnick
Thu, Sep 3rd 2009 6:26am
With so many stories out there of companies screwing over customers or making life difficult for users, it's always nice to hear a good story. Apparently, Netflix recently had a problem with their Xbox video streaming, and proactively refunded money to customers without them asking. I can't think of any other company I've heard of that's done that. Hell, I remember a past broadband provider who I would call (regularly) without outages, and the best they would do is say that after the service came back, I could call and then they would process a refund -- knowing that when that finally happened hours later, it wouldn't be worth the hassle to call back in and wait on hold.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Netflix Tries To Blame Press Coverage Of Its Price Hikes For Lower Than Expected Subscriber Additions
- Pablo Escobar's Brother Demands One Billion Dollars From Netflix Over Narcos
- Comcast Incorrectly Bills Customer $1,775, Tells Him To Figure It Out With His Bank
- Senate Hearing Shows Cable Companies Routinely Overbill Customers, Do Little To Correct Errors
- Study Shows Comcast Sucks Just A Tiny Bit Less This Year