by Mike Masnick
Thu, Aug 27th 2009 11:09am
We're among those who think it's quite questionable as to whether or not the acquisition of The Pirate Bay by GGF will ever really go through. GGF's CEO Hans Pandeya has had a lot of trouble answering basic questions ever since the deal was originally announced. The company has had trading in its shares halted twice now, and many of the "big name" people that Pandeya used to show he was legit have separated themselves from the company -- often questioning Pandeya's ability to do this deal. So, lots of people are interested in the news that GGF shareholders have apparently "approved" the deal. But, that's somewhat meaningless as there still remains little evidence that GGF can actually scrape together the money needed to complete the purchase. This whole thing has been pretty questionable from the start, and there's nothing yet that suggests there's a real deal here at all.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Senator Whitehouse Is Very Angry About A Made Up Google Search And A Made Up Pirate Bay
- What Comes After The Pirate Bay Is A Lot More Important Than Whether It's Up Or Down
- Dear Hans Pandeya: Buying A Website Involves More Than Just Saying You're Going To Buy It...
- Hans Pandeya Demands Apology From Us; Says He's Now Put Pirate Bay Acquisition On Hold
- Guy Who Didn't Buy The Pirate Bay Last Year, Now Pretends He's Buying It Again... From Himself