by Mike Masnick
Tue, Jul 21st 2009 2:41pm
It would appear that the typical late-night TV comedian in the US would face serious jailtime in Pakistan, were he based there. MK alerts us that President Asif Ali Zardari of Pakistan is so annoyed by people passing around jokes about him via SMS that the gov't has started threatening to charge people for passing around such jokes, as "slandering the political leadership of the country" under a vaguely worded Cyber Crimes law, that could lead to 14 years in jail. It seems that should only lead to more jokes. How does one get to be a political leader with such a thin skin?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- 2 Hockey Players And Elisha Cuthbert Want Cash From A TV Station For Airing A Joke Tweet
- Green Bubbles: How Apple Quietly Gets iPhone Users To Hate Android Users
- Joke Tweet Gets Man Arrested
- Korea Threatens To Put Uber's CEO In Prison For Offering An 'Illegal' Taxi Service
- Hollywood Insiders: Directors, Actors, Producers, Camera People And More Demand Peter Sunde Be Freed & Treated With Dignity