by Mike Masnick
Mon, Mar 2nd 2009 7:18am
Well here's one that I totally did not expect to see: Senator Joe Lieberman is asking why US court documents are locked up behind PACER's paywall. It's an excellent question. These documents are in the public domain and should be available to everyone. Folks like Carl Malamud are trying to make it happen, but it's still surprising to see Lieberman realize that this is a big issue.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- San Franciscans: Please Join Carl Malamud's Campaign To Help Free Up Court Documents
- Free Our Paywalled Court Documents: The Aaron Swartz Memorial PACER Cup Contest Announced
- Supreme Court To Dip Its Toes Cautiously Into The Electronic Age With Free Electronic Filing System
- PACER Finally Agrees To Put Back Court Documents That Were Deleted
- Senator Leahy Asks Why The Federal Court System Dumped A Bunch Of Court Documents Down The PACER Memory Hole