by Mike Masnick
Fri, Feb 27th 2009 3:47am
While some politicians in Pennsylvania are trying to push a law that would put an outright ban on most portable devices, such as mobile phones, in schools, not too far away, in Washington, DC, this week, there was an entire conference on how such mobile devices were increasingly useful in the classroom to help in the education process. Apparently, some politicians in Pennsylvania would rather block out that opportunity, just because the devices might also be occasionally misused.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Sending Your Kid To School
- DailyDirt: Paper Airplanes For Fun And Profit
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 6: Should Kids Be Forced To Learn Coding? Or Economics? Or Stats?
- Bill Gates Evidently Gets Open Access And Open Data: So What About Open Source?
- UK Culture Secretary: Search Engines Must Magically Stop Piracy Or Else!