by Mike Masnick
Wed, Nov 12th 2008 5:31am
For years, video game haters like Jack Thompson have tried to use bogus claims about video games to absolve criminals of responsibility for their crimes. It's really rather sickening, that rather than getting criminals to stand up and accept responsibility, they try to blame some video game. However, with China now embracing the concept of internet addiction, it appears that an accused killer is now trying to similarly pin the blame for poisoning his parents on his online video game addiction. These stories really have nothing to do with video games, and everything to do with criminals trying to skirt responsibility for their actions by throwing the blame on video games that had nothing to do with the actual crimes.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Playing Super Mario By Rote... Is Fun?
- Took Longer Than I Expected: Bill O'Reilly Yanks Video Games Into Charleston Massacre For No Reason At All
- Arkham Knight PC Game Arrives Just In Time To Demonstrate Why Steam Needed Refunds
- Bruce Schneier: Sure, Russia & China Probably Have The Snowden Docs... But Not Because Of Snowden
- The Pulitzer Prize In Bullshit FUD Reporting Goes To... The Sunday Times For Its 'Snowden Expose'