by Mike Masnick
Tue, Sep 30th 2008 2:56am
While failing to do much of anything (other than fingerpointing) to deal with the economic crisis we're facing, the folks in the House did spend some time easily passing the ProIP bill that the Senate passed last week. So, now we just have to wait for the President to sign it, and the entertainment industry gets their own person in the White House whose job it is to prop up their business model. Hell, if Wall St. gets one of those, why not the entertainment industry?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Why Is Consumers' Research Pushing For Anti-Consumer Trade Deals, And Bad Intellectual Property Laws?
- Our New IP Czar Gives His First Speech... And It Is Not Encouraging At All
- How To Use 'Intellectual Property' Properly
- USTR Releases Its Annual Special 301 'Naughty' List Of Countries; EFF Responds With 'Special 404' List
- Congress Finally Releases Fast Track Trade Bill, And It's A Mess