by Mike Masnick
Tue, Sep 30th 2008 2:56am
While failing to do much of anything (other than fingerpointing) to deal with the economic crisis we're facing, the folks in the House did spend some time easily passing the ProIP bill that the Senate passed last week. So, now we just have to wait for the President to sign it, and the entertainment industry gets their own person in the White House whose job it is to prop up their business model. Hell, if Wall St. gets one of those, why not the entertainment industry?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Reading List: Steal This Idea: Intellectual Property And The Corporate Confiscation Of Creativity
- Apple's IP Lawyers May Force YouTube MacBook Repair Videos Offline Over Schematic
- White House Warns Congress To Stop Its Sneak Attacks On Net Neutrality
- President Obama Threw A Cyberwar.... And No One Showed Up
- After Only Nine Months On The Job, Administration's New FOIA Boss Calls It Quits