by Mike Masnick
Tue, Sep 30th 2008 2:56am
While failing to do much of anything (other than fingerpointing) to deal with the economic crisis we're facing, the folks in the House did spend some time easily passing the ProIP bill that the Senate passed last week. So, now we just have to wait for the President to sign it, and the entertainment industry gets their own person in the White House whose job it is to prop up their business model. Hell, if Wall St. gets one of those, why not the entertainment industry?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- White House Releases Draft 'Privacy' Bill That's Not Very Good
- Trade Agreements Should Protect An Open Internet, Not Kill It
- Cerf Warns Of A 'Lost Century' Caused By Bit Rot; Patents And Copyright Largely To Blame
- Thank Snowden: Internet Industry Now Considers The Intelligence Community An Adversary, Not A Partner
- President Obama To Encourage Cybersecurity Information Sharing, Highlighting Why We Don't Need CISPA