by Mike Masnick
Tue, Sep 30th 2008 2:56am
While failing to do much of anything (other than fingerpointing) to deal with the economic crisis we're facing, the folks in the House did spend some time easily passing the ProIP bill that the Senate passed last week. So, now we just have to wait for the President to sign it, and the entertainment industry gets their own person in the White House whose job it is to prop up their business model. Hell, if Wall St. gets one of those, why not the entertainment industry?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Chinese Company Learns From The West: Builds Up Big Patent Portfolio, Uses It To Sue Apple In China
- The Ridiculous Rush To Try To Patent Pot
- Techdirt Reading List: Piracy: The Intellectual Property Wars From Gutenberg To Gates
- Full Text Of TPP Released: And It's Really, Really Bad
- Wikileaks Releases Final Intellectual Property Chapter Of TPP Before Official Release