by Mike Masnick
Thu, Sep 18th 2008 1:36pm
The EFF sure has been busy today. First it filed a lawsuit against the US Trade Representative for keeping info on the ACTA negotiations secret, and then it sued the NSA, President Bush and Vice President Cheney over the warrantless wiretapping issue. Must be a busy day at the EFF office. In both cases, it seems likely that the lawsuits may draw some additional attention to the issues, but it seems unlikely to have much of an impact on actual government policies.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Proposed Hungarian Law Would Allow Government To Suspend Key Human Rights Whenever There Is A 'Terror Threat Situation'
- Congress Might Actually Be Moving Forward On Fixing Outdated Email Privacy Law!
- Napolitano Says She's Always Wanted To Talk About The Secret Surveillance She Hasn't Talked About Since Last August
- Ares Rights Gets EFF Lawyer Suspended From Twitter For Posting Mild Criticism
- EFF Wants Cisco Held Responsible For Helping China Track, Torture Falun Gong Members