by Mike Masnick
Thu, Sep 18th 2008 1:36pm
The EFF sure has been busy today. First it filed a lawsuit against the US Trade Representative for keeping info on the ACTA negotiations secret, and then it sued the NSA, President Bush and Vice President Cheney over the warrantless wiretapping issue. Must be a busy day at the EFF office. In both cases, it seems likely that the lawsuits may draw some additional attention to the issues, but it seems unlikely to have much of an impact on actual government policies.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Attorney Representing Whistleblowing Cops Claims Police Department Dropped Spyware On His Hard Drive
- Jeb Bush Compliments Obama For Continuing And Expanding His Brother's War On Terror
- Stingray Uber Alles! St. Louis Cops Drop Case Against Robbery Suspects Rather Than Discuss Use Of IMSI Catcher
- EFF Helps Bust Bogus Patent That Was Being Used To Shake Down Podcasters
- EFF, Human Rights Watch Sue The DEA Over Mass Surveillance Program