by Mike Masnick
Fri, Aug 15th 2008 11:11am
Earlier this week, when we wrote about attempts by Italian officials to have ISPs block The Pirate Bay, we noted that just about every similar attempt had resulted in giving a lot of free publicity to The Pirate Bay, leading to traffic growth. So, it should come as no surprise that the Pirate Bay has seen a nice boost in traffic coming from Italy this week.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Italian Court Realizes Ridiculousness Of Fining TripAdvisor Over User Reviews
- How States Are Fighting To Keep Towns From Offering Their Own Broadband
- No, We Still Can't Definitively Prove Your ISP Is Slowing Netflix Traffic To Make An Extra Buck
- Danish ISP Blocks The Pirate Bay; But Is It For Legal Reasons... Or Competitive?
- Did Amazon Force Takedown Of Firefox Pirate Extension?