by Mike Masnick
Thu, Aug 7th 2008 8:35am
There have been a few stories over the past few years about the fact that hybrid cars (or just plain electric vehicles) are somehow "too quiet." The complaint is that pedestrians and bikers who are used to judging the safety of a road by vehicle noise are now somehow in danger from these quieter vehicles. Even so, reading this story and seeing the related video about how Lotus has been experimenting with adding a speaker under the hood that makes a noisy engine sound certainly feels like an April Fools joke, or possibly a bit from The Onion.
No matter how many times I watch the video, I'm still not convinced that this is serious.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Verizon Lobbyists: That Deaf, Dumb And Blind Kid Sure Could Use An Internet Fast Lane
- Why Is Red Hat Associated With A Letter That Calls More User Rights In Copyright A Dangerous 'Contagion'?
- DailyDirt: Improving Productivity
- US Didn't Sign The WIPO Treaty For The Blind
- Will History Repeat Itself With Google Playing The Part Of Lotus?