by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jun 16th 2008 6:52am
We've noted in the past the, well, addiction some people have to calling any sort of regular usage of something an "addiction." It's quite common with all sorts of technologies. Often there doesn't seem to be any actual evidence of an addiction -- or, if there is, it usually becomes clear that the problem is somewhere else, and the people simply turn to technology to avoid that other issue in their lives. Either way, it still seems a bit extreme to hear that, in Spain, parents have sent two children, aged 12 and 13, to a mental hospital to try to help "cure them" of their mobile phone "addiction." As parents, what was wrong with just taking away their mobile phone?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Who Gets To Trademark Iceland?
- Parliament Passes Snooper's Charter, Opens Up Citizens To Whole New Levels Of Domestic Surviellance
- UK Home Secretary Agrees To Turn Over Accused Hacker Lauri Love To US Government
- Argentina Orders Telecoms To Create A Permanent Database Of All Mobile Phone Users
- UK Tribunal Says Spy Agencies Illegally Collected Communications Data In Bulk For More Than A Decade