by Mike Masnick
Tue, May 20th 2008 2:24pm
It's amazing how little anyone is willing to accept blame these days. They always find someone else to blame for their actions. For an extreme example, a guy in the UK arrested for having more than 16,000 child porn photos is using the unique defense that it's all Google's fault for making it so easy to access the photos. His lawyer noted: "He feels that he would not have committed these offences if this information was not so freely available. He feels if companies like Google did not provide access to such sites, he would not have committed the offences." It's tough to see the court buying that kind of argument.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- CEO Of Mobile Company Blames Everyone For Wanting Coffee Rather Than His Game
- Bobby Jindal Announces Violent Games/Movies To Blame For All Those Mass Shootings
- As India Goes After Google, A Simple Question: Do You Really Want Governments Deciding Search Results?
- Court Says Search Engines Not Making Things Disappear The Moment They're Deleted From Third-Party Sites Not 'Defamation'
- David Cameron Wants To Shut Down Porn Sites Because Kids Are Clever Enough To Defeat Age Restrictions