by Mike Masnick
Tue, May 20th 2008 2:24pm
It's amazing how little anyone is willing to accept blame these days. They always find someone else to blame for their actions. For an extreme example, a guy in the UK arrested for having more than 16,000 child porn photos is using the unique defense that it's all Google's fault for making it so easy to access the photos. His lawyer noted: "He feels that he would not have committed these offences if this information was not so freely available. He feels if companies like Google did not provide access to such sites, he would not have committed the offences." It's tough to see the court buying that kind of argument.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Border Patrol Agent Caught Watching Porn On The Job Blames The Internet Filter For Not Stopping Him
- Journalists Blaming Facebook For Decline Is Just As Tiresome As When They Blamed Craigslist & Google
- NYC Kills Internet Browsing At Free WiFi Kiosks After The City's Homeless Actually Use It
- The FBI's Megaupload Domains Are Now Hosting Porn Ads
- Netflix Tries To Blame Press Coverage Of Its Price Hikes For Lower Than Expected Subscriber Additions