by Mike Masnick
Fri, May 9th 2008 9:13am
If you've got a spare 40 minutes to an hour, it's worth watching patent attorney Stephan Kinsella's presentation: Rethinking Intellectual Property Completely, as given in March. The video is embedded below, and it fits in nicely with my ongoing (yes, there's still plenty more) series of posts on intellectual property. It's pretty rare to see a patent attorney explain so lucidly the problems with patents (and copyrights):
He does a very nice job ripping apart the "property rights" arguments that some, especially some libertarians, use in favor of patents, explaining why that doesn't make sense. It's an excellent presentation, and well worth watching.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- HBO Issues Takedown For Artwork Made By Autistic Teenager Because Bullies Gonna Bully Y'all
- It Begins: Congress Proposes First Stages Of Copyright Reform, And It's Not Good
- Short Sighted Newspaper Association Asks Trump To Whittle Down Fair Use, Because It Hates Google
- Copyright Troll Ordered To Pay $17k To 'Pirate' It Falsely Accused
- Supreme Court Adds Yet Another Smackdown To Patent Court, Says It Misinterpreted Patent Law In Apple/Samsung Case