by Mike Masnick
Mon, Feb 18th 2008 8:28pm
As publishers continue to fight Google over its efforts to scan books for searchability purposes, we're still seeing more and more evidence that free books don't hurt sales, but can actually help them. The latest is that Oprah apparently promoted a year-old Suze Orman book by giving it away for free on her website as a download for 33 hours. 1.1 million people decided to download it. Even though the book was a year old and available for free... it was still the #6 most popular sold book on Amazon.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Hulu Ditches 'Free' Model Without Giving It A Chance To Succeed
- Photographer Learns To Embrace The Public Domain... And Is Better Off For It
- Nintendo Cracking Down On Pokemon Go 'Pirates' Despite The Game Being Free
- Gene Kelly's Widow Claims Copyright In Interviews Done By Gene Kelly, Sues Over Academic Book
- Techdirt Reading List: Free Books From Verso (Mostly)