by Mike Masnick
Fri, Aug 31st 2007 7:38pm
If you want to know just how litigious our world has become, all you need to know is that the lawyers for China's famed Shaolin Temple (yes, it has lawyers) are demanding that an anonymous online forum poster apologize for claiming that a group of Shaolin monks had been beaten in unarmed combat by a Japanese ninja. Apparently, for all their fancy martial arts moves, the Shaolin monks aren't particularly familiar with how internet forums work. Here's a hint: people make stuff up all the time. And no one believes it. And no one pays any attention to it. Of course, now that you're demanding an apology for this "horrible deed" (horrible? really?) all that's done is draw a lot more attention to a story that no one would have read (much less cared about) in the first place.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Mormon Church Tries To Censor MormonLeaks Using Copyright, Streisand Effect Takes Over
- GOP Senate Streisands Elizabeth Warren And Coretta King In Attempt To Silence Her
- Streisand Effect Derails Man's Analog Plan To Buy Up All The Newspapers Detailing His DWI Arrest
- NFL Cuts Out Shout-Out To St. Louis In HoF Speech YouTube Upload, Streisand Effect Takes Over
- With The Brexit In The Bag, 'Vote Leave' Starts Vanishing Away Its Promises And Faulty Math