When The Cable Installer Burns Down Your House
from the fun-fun-fun dept
I once had a DSL installer come to my house and come ridiculously close to electrocuting himself. He tried to plug in the router, and when it didn't work, he realized that a pin in the connector from the AC adapter (which was still plugged in) was bent, so he jammed a screwdriver in to try to straighten it out. There was a huge spark, and he realized he probably wanted to rethink that plan. Apparently, some broadband installers don't always realize when they've gone too far. Broadband Reports notes that a cable modem installer in Rhode Island set someone's condo on fire after repeatedly trying to drill through a metal plate. More reasons not to let the broadband installer run free in your home without supervision.