Why is it that we seem to need monthly reminders that WiMax still doesn't exist? Many reporters still don't realize this, but they should take note that it's going to take even longer to get actual WiMax certified equipment out there. Of course, all these vendors who have been drooling over WiMax are moving forward with their pre-WiMax (read: not WiMax) equipment with plans to upgrade them eventually -- which could be costly. It also puts them at risk of a backlash. How many times have we seen wireless technologies overhyped and underdelivered? Now we have one that's so underdelivered, what's being delivered isn't even the product people will claim it is.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?