It's always amusing when errant emails get sent around. For example, we still get plenty of emails every day from people angry at Amazon.com for the way Amazon signs people up for their Amazon Prime program (the way it's billed on credit cards, we're the first Google search on the name, and people who don't read, somehow think that we, at Techdirt, billed them). Slashdot points us to an amusing article about the guy who owns DoNotReply.com, which is now set up as a blog highlighting some of the more ridiculous emails he gets. The reason he gets so many emails is many systems just put "donotreply" in the "from" field, and people still reply -- and it all goes to this guy. Most interesting is that he's given up explaining this to people (except in a few exceptional cases), because they tend to just get angry at him.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Tell The Government That It Needs To Get A Warrant If It Wants To Read Your Email
- Declassified Opinion On Bulk Email Collection Details More Abuse By The NSA
- Declassified Opinion Shows The NSA Exploited Pen Register Statutes To Collect Internet Metadata On Millions Of Americans
- Awesome Stuff Goes Dark: Dark Mail And Dark Wallet
- FBI Uses Invitation To Investigate One Email As An Excuse To Dig Through Multiple Email Accounts