zanek writes "When an ISP that has been with you through thick and thin hits the road, something's wrong. Email Battles gives you the play-by-play on how a single phisher destroyed Go Daddy's relationship with NectarTECH, an ISP that managed over 200 Go Daddy accounts and 600 servers." We saw some news of this story developing over the weekend, but there were a lot of conflicting reports. The Email Battles account has a lot more details and both sides of the story -- though the title is misleading. It wasn't a single phisher that "lost" the account, but some bad decisions on the part of GoDaddy. It still seems worrying that GoDaddy basically completely took down this entire hosting firm over what appears to have been some sort of misunderstanding.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Meet The Dedicated Fan Who Makes Your Broken PC Games Work
- FBI Bungles Malware Attempt As Courts Begin To Question Its Legality
- Crowdfunded Prize For Open Source Jailbreaking iOS7 To Improve Accessibility
- Advisory Panel Offers Suggestions To Strengthen US Cybersecurity, But Is The Government Capable Of Change?
- ACLU Calls For Ban On Nonlethal Weapons In Schools After Tased Student Ends Up In Coma