While ICANN rushed to expand the number of top level domains with somewhat useless domains like .travel and .post along with absolutely useless domains, such as .jobs and .mobi, they seemed to take forever in thinking about the one new TLD that probably made the most sense: .xxx. Apparently, they've finally realized that it does make sense to have a separate TLD for porn sites. Now, of course, it's sure to raise plenty of questions over whether or not politicians will use the opportunity to mandate that all porn sites have to be hosted in the .xxx area -- and the types of problems that will cause. Existing porn sites are likely to be somewhat annoyed by this, and the need to buy new domains (at a higher price, of course, than traditional .coms), but for newer porn sites that want to be found more easily, without having to resort to tricking surfers, it's probably not a bad idea.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- TSA Agent: Give Me That Toy Monkey Gun Or I'm Calling The Real Cops
- Feinstein And Rogers Try To Scare Americans With Ooga Booga Terrorism Threats
- Lessons Learned From Adam Lanza's Video Game Obsession: Blame Dance Dance Revolution
- Editorial Claims Houston Prosecutors Are Pushing Through Nearly 1,000 Sex Trafficking Indictments Every Day
- Where Is The 'Free Trade' In The TPP IP Chapter?