Yesterday, Sony announced plans to push heavily into the retail store arena, following the success of Apple's stores. While Sony already has a few stores, they'll now be opening a lot more. While the obvious comparison is with Apple, the other company to look at would be Gateway, who tried this strategy even before Apple did - and didn't do particularly well with it. Well, now, to make things even easier for Sony, they can simply buy up all the old Gateway stores since Gateway won't be using them any more. That's right. They've decided to end the failing retail experiment.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- TSA Collects Nearly $500,000 In Abandoned Change Per Year And Has No Idea What To Do With It
- Lawsuit Claims ICE Officers Shot At, Arrested Wrong Man
- United Airlines Nearly Kills Pet, Aims For Streisand Glory Instead Of Paying Vet Bill
- Obama's Response To Too Much Secrecy About Surveillance... Is More Secrecy
- The USTR's Revolving Door With Copyright And Patent Maximalists Removes All Credibility