The fear of having a spam-filled inbox upon return from vacation is causing more and more executives to take their laptops with them on vacation. Nearly half of those who do bring their laptops with them said they averaged an hour a day dealing with work related issues, despite being on vacation. Interestingly, the study said that those who spent a little bit of time each day dealing with email felt more relaxed upon returning, since they didn't face that mountain of spam. However, as the article points out, no one seems to have asked whether or not it created any additional stress from annoyed spouses or other family members on the vacation.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Declassified Opinion On Bulk Email Collection Details More Abuse By The NSA
- FBI Uses Invitation To Investigate One Email As An Excuse To Dig Through Multiple Email Accounts
- Lavabit To Release Code As Open Source, As It Creates Dark Mail Alliance To Create Even More Secure Email
- How Is Consumer Watchdog 'Helping' When It's Trying To Destroy Services Consumers Find Useful
- Mayor Bloomberg Uses Private Email To Avoid FOI Requests; Has No Plans To Retain Archive Of Office, NYPD Emails