Following on that predictions article, here are a few items that are already changing. The San Francisco library is apparently allowing people to check out books online and download them directly to their computer (though they apparently disappear after 3 days. Meanwhile, the pay phone industry is getting hurt by cell phones so they're changing their phone booths into "interactive internet kiosks". Next up is a recent study that shows that email is hurint stationary stores. Well, that and the big chains like Wal-Mart. Progress in action.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Wannabe Murderer Butt-Dials His Almost-Victim
- Companies Developing Crowd Analysis Programs To Detect 'Abnormalities' In Behavior And Match Faces Against Giant Databases
- Facebook Needs To Learn It Can't Teach Tolerance By Acting As An Overzealous Censor
- Microsoft To Encrypt Data Center Links; Says NSA Hacking Would Be Unconstitutional
- EasyDNS Continues To Fight Bogus Website Seizures By City Of London Police After Verisign Issues 'No Decision'