Dan writes "Scientists must stop calling a cancer-causing gene Pokemon as Nintendo has threatened legal action. Perhaps I'm giving the masses too much credit, however it is hard to believe anyone would confuse the name of a gene with their popular franchise. Unless, of course Nintendo agrees that their video games do in fact cause addiction and be classified as diseases. Interestingly, by taking legal action they are causing the headlines they are fighting to prevent." The Streisand Effect at work.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Feds Insist It Must Be Kept Secret Whether Or Not Plaintiff In No Fly List Trial Is Actually On The No Fly List
- Documents Show LA Sheriff's Department Hired Thieves, Statutory Rapists And Bad Cops
- Unarmed Man Charged With Assault Because NYC Police Shot At Him And Hit Random Pedestrians
- Judge In No Fly Case Explains To DOJ That It Can't Claim Publicly Released Info Is Secret
- German Court Says CEO Of Open Source Company Liable For 'Illegal' Functions Submitted By Community