Just in case you need a bit more evidence for why software patents are a bad idea, we have Slashdot pointing out that Apple has been sued over the interface used in iTunes. Apparently, the UI design for a software media player was patented a few years ago. If you question how this is possibly patentable, you win today's prize... which, if you're in Europe, probably is that you'll be stuck with similar bogus lawsuits and patent shakedowns for the rest of your lives thanks to clueless politicians. Congratulations and enjoy...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Feds To FISC: Of Course We Don't Have To Share Our Full Legal Filings With Companies Suing Us Over NSA Transparency
- Kansas City Cops Tell Man They'll Kill His Dogs And Destroy His Home If Forced To Obtain A Search Warrant
- Most Big Internet Companies Speak Out For Major Surveillance Reform
- Witness In No Fly List Trial, Who Was Blocked From Flying To The Trial, Shows That DOJ Flat Out Lied In Court
- Feds Insist It Must Be Kept Secret Whether Or Not Plaintiff In No Fly List Trial Is Actually On The No Fly List