theodp writes "Looks like Microsoft and Amazon may have some competition in the worst-Seattle-patent-ever contest. Starbucks makes its USPTO debut today with two patent applications for Creating Customer Loyalty, which covers the awarding of free coffee mugs, and the Dual Card, a combination credit and stored value card."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- iPhone Developer Creates App Criticizing The iPhone; App Is Quickly Pulled
- Leaked HBGary Documents Show Plan To Spread Wikileaks Propaganda For BofA... And 'Attack' Glenn Greenwald
- Publishers Remove 2500 Journals From Free Access In Bangladesh; Put Them Back When People Notice
- Just Weeks After Cutting Off Wikileaks, Amazon Brags About How US Federal Gov't Is One Of Its Biggest AWS Customers?
- Oh Look, Police Can Investigate A Satirical Online Comment About Mythical Violence And Not Overreact