Police in New Orleans are apparently using new high tech wireless ticketing tools to make it easier and faster for them to give out tickets without having to stand quite so long on the side of the road where they might get hit. That's not all that surprising. What struck me as being more amusing, however, is the claim that "people getting tickets are happier because they're getting on the road quicker." While it is understandable that people who are caught don't want to be sitting there for half an hour while a cop writes out the citation, apparently none of them realize that if the police weren't getting through everyone else faster, maybe they wouldn't have been caught at all.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Joe Biden Tells Chinese Citizens To 'Challenge The Government,' Neglects To Mention His Administration Doesn't Like Being Challenged
- Holy See (The Pope) Criticizes TPP And TAFTA/TTIP In WTO Speech
- Xbox, PS4 Games Hitting Swearing Gamers With Technical Fouls
- A Tour Through The Bizarre Mind Of An NSA Defender: Discrediting Activists By Using Their Porn Surfing Is Just Like Journalism!
- If You Don't Care About The NSA Because You 'Haven't Done Anything Wrong,' You're Wrong