It reads like a parody, but, unfortunately it appears to be real. I'm still waiting to read that this is just a very early April Fool's joke, but this article (found at broadbandreports) says that a man in Wisconsin is suing Charter, his local cable company, for making his wife fat and his children lazy channel surfers. His argument is that he called to have the cable disconnected in 1999 - and Charter stopped charging him, but kept the cable service going. He claims that he and his whole family became addicted to the free cable, which has led to all sorts of problems: "I believe that the reason I smoke and drink every day and my wife is overweight is because we watched TV every day for the last four years." I'd say this one may beat out previous lawsuits for the perfect example of how people simply refuse to take responsibility for their own actions. Please, someone, tell me it's a joke.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Newest Leak Shows NSA, GCHQ Infiltrated World Of Warcraft, Second Life
- Prenda's Paul Duffy Claims To Be 'Too Devastated' By Nelson Mandela's Death To Comment
- Police Chief To Be Paid In Bitcoin, But Mostly As A Publicity Stunt Gimmick
- Finally, We Have Proof That The Washington Redskins Are Run By Replicants
- DailyDirt: Solar System Factoids