No surprise here, but after the stink that was raised a few weeks back about how ReplayTV sold a bunch of mislabeled boxes that claimed to include three years of free service - the company has decided to back down and honor the service contract. Probably, someone took the time to figure out that giving away three years of free service to a fairly small number of customers was going to be cheaper than paying the lawyers to defend the lawsuit that was surely coming. Of course, it probably would have helped if they'd done that calculation (and factored in the potential cost of the bad PR) before they played the role of the Grinch and took back the "free service" many people thought they were giving to friends and family for the holidays.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Feds Insist It Must Be Kept Secret Whether Or Not Plaintiff In No Fly List Trial Is Actually On The No Fly List
- Documents Show LA Sheriff's Department Hired Thieves, Statutory Rapists And Bad Cops
- Unarmed Man Charged With Assault Because NYC Police Shot At Him And Hit Random Pedestrians
- Judge In No Fly Case Explains To DOJ That It Can't Claim Publicly Released Info Is Secret
- German Court Says CEO Of Open Source Company Liable For 'Illegal' Functions Submitted By Community