Terry Donaghe writes in, bringing up the story we wrote last month about mysterious Phantom gaming console that would supposedly allow all games to be downloaded - instead of inserted via CD/DVD/Cartridge. There was a lot of controversy over whether or not the company really existed, and now there's an article at HardOCP that suggests the whole thing is a big scam. They track down a bunch of leads concerning the CEO of the company which show he has a history of less-than-honest business dealings (specifically raising money and squandering it), and then contact him directly and listen to him squirm as he tries to explain away the points they make.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Safe Until Proven Harmful
- Former NSA Officer: Wikileaks Is A Front For Russian Intelligence And Snowden's (Probably) A Spy
- Did Ed Snowden Actually Write His Latest 'Statement'?
- Lawyer Suggests That Prenda Law May Have Only 'Released' Movies It Sued Over As A Honeypot For Lawsuits
- DailyDirt: Lobsters -- Sea Food Different